Thursday, May 15, 2008

New aquisitions

Since I had relocated my old TV stand into my room for the new TV that left some space that needed to filled out in the "den". I figured I should get try and get a shelving or storage unit to hold the various crap that litters our place. We headed to Ikea to get something cheap and I wasn't sure where else to look for furniture. I ended up buying the EXPEDIT shelving unit in a brown/black colour.


After ten mintues of back breaking assembly we had it all put together. It almost looks nice, until I displayed a bunch of my stuff in it. I was too lazy to try and take some better pictures, so that's it. I actually put a few more things in it because I got a package in the mail, but more on that later. Even though it's been in our basement for less than a day it's all already got dings and scratches on it. Classic Ikea!

In my previous post I talked about all the Indiana Jones merch coming out to tie into the release of the new movie and I found something pretty cool today at Wal-Mart.


Yes, Indy cereal prizes! In select boxes of Mini Wheats you can get light Indiana Jones spoons. These are the same idea as the light saber spoons they had as prize in Corn Flakes a few years ago when Revenge of the Sith came out. The spoon handle is grey and looks like it's stone and the clear plastic spoon end will glow one of three different colours; red, green, or yellow. I got the green spoon.


It's still in the bag and that's where it shall remain! Unless I end up getting another green spoon. For some reason the only cereal to offer the free spoon is Mini Wheats. I'll admit to never eaten Mini Wheats, they don't really look like they would taste that good. Yes, I know one side has frosting, but maybe if both sides had frosting they'd look better. Still I hope they do taste better, and I got strawberry flavour to make them more appealing to me. I heart strawberries. Because if I want to get more spoons it will require me to buy some cereal. I guess I could just buy the cereal, keep the spoon and toss the cereal in the garbage. That probably wouldn't be smart with the food crisis going on. We are all doomed! Anyway, it's nice to finally get some cool cereal prizes and it's better that's it's an Indy glowy spoon. It's way better than the Kung Fu Panda frisbees in Fruit Loops.

In the late afternoon somebody rang our doorbell which was weird nobody ever rings the doorbell. It was a guy from Canada Post dropping off a parcel I had order from Hobby Link Japan which is based in Japan (surprise!). The guy was telling me that the package didn't actually have any postage on it and it would cost like $30-$40 to pay for it. Luckily, he gave it to me as was and I didn't have to pay anything. *WHEW* If I had to pay shipping I would've been pretty pissed as I already paid HLJ shipping fees for it. I'm sure they pack and ship tons of orders everyday so mistakes are bound to happen.


Anyway, I got a Kamen Rider 2 figure based on the new movie designs, Kamen Rider Den-O Rod Form/Axe Form/Gun Form figure set, Kamen Rider Kabuto book, Kamen Rider Todoroki guitar, and Kinnikuman figure. The Kinnikuman figure is sweet because it's an action pose of the original Kinnikuman dropping the Kinniku-Driver on Akuma Shogun. It's like 14 cm tall and looks really cool, plus it was on sale. It's cool, but I'm a nerd and am too scared to open the package. Must keep MIP!

The rest of the stuff is Kamen Rider crap. I opened the Kamen Rider 2 vinyl figure and displayed him on my new shelving unit. The Den-O figure set is cool and they're pretty articulated for being cheap. These were also on sale. Again, I'm scared to open the package. Kamen Rider Hibiki was a KR series where the riders all had musical motifs and Kamen Rider Todoroki was armed with a guitar. He would stab the pointed end of the guitar into an enemy and rock out then exploding the enemy or swing the guitar by the neck and use it as a weapon. I got a little version of his guitar. Look out because I'm a real guitar hero.

No comments: