Saturday, June 7, 2008

Guess where I am??



It's not that hard to figure out as the only other place other than Calgary I'd be is Cranbrook. I had asked for time off and expected to get in a week or two, but was a bit surprised to get it so soon. I wasn't very well planned because when I called home to tell my parents I was coming back I found out my dad was gone to the coast on a fishing trip and my mom would be at Kootenay Lake for the weekend. I still came back because I gotta do something with my time off.

I drove back today and it was a pretty quiet drive for a Saturday. It rained off and on the whole drive back, so maybe that's why. When I was driving through Fernie I stopped at the first set of lights and was behind this redneck truck. He was driving a Ford and had scribbed (not written, there is a difference) on each letter of FORD making it say, "For Off Road Drunks". I don't know why he thought that was so cool as to deface his truck with it, but it's so stupid it's hilarious. Maybe some rival Chevy driving redneck pranked him. Unfortuately, my camera was packed in my bag and I couldn't grab it snap a picture.
Calgary is a big town with lots of people of different cultures, but it always amazes me that soon as I enter the Cranbrook city limits it's like an onslaught of rednecks and white trash. I guess it's always been that way, but I never really noticed before because I was used to it. Anyway, I will keep you all updated on the situation here as it develops.

No comments: