Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Darwin wins again!

I've been meaning to post something for a few days, but as always I've been lazy. That's why I went with just a video post of Terminal Boredom by the Cute Lepers the other day. It's a good song, so I hoped you watched it. Watch it! So this post will cover a couple things one of which is a crazy story about our new place.

First up...blast from the past!! I was at this little old convience store in Sprucecliff and spotted this drink in the cooler, it's a blast from the past.


Pop Shoppe is back! I remember this stuff from way back when in Cranbrook when you could buy it right from the outlet. Pick out the flavors you want (30 kinds!) and after you're done bring back the empty bottles and get some more. The brand went out of business, but recently came back still in the old glass bottles for the nostaglia factor. Before you had to go to Pop Shoppe outlets to get the stuff, but now you can go to regular stores to pick it up. They don't have as many flavors as before with just 10. The store where I found it only had two, orange and pineapple. Pineapple seems like an odd flavor, but I guess different is good.

Cody drank the orange soda, it wasn't diet so I couldn't drink it. I noticed some weird saying on the side of the bottle.



I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. That is like something you say to your parents when you six. Anyway, check out the official Pop Shoppe website and look for it at a Zellers or London Drugs near you. The website says they have new diet flavors, so I will be on the lookout for diet cream soda diet lime ricky even though I don't like cream soda.

Onto the new place we got. Some lady who also works at the Superstore on front end with Cody told him a story about the place we getting. It totally explains why the place has been renovated with new paint, carpet, flooring, hot water heater, and furnace when the outside looks so shabby. Let's just say there are reasons why you shouldn't smoke with an oxygen tank. The lady was only in her 30's and going up the stairs when she pretty much exploded. She died, but at the hospital, not in the place. Apparently, when they carted her out she was totally blackened. Bad luck for her, but good for us! We get a place all renovated plus it comes with a cool/grisly story about her being blown up. Although, we probably will exaggerate it with her getting blown through the wall or she was upstairs and got blown though the floor all the way to the basement. Something morbid like that. Funny how they didn't mention any of this to us while we were looking at the place. It's not like it would've scared me off, in fact I would've wanted it even more!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha, pop shop, I remember you got it in milkcrates, at that place that also rented video disks..but not as good as the videos at Taks?

hey isn't that a lo-fi japanese horror movie from the 90s that's being rereleased starring one of the three namers ie? sarah michelle gellar/buffy? with stop motion scary greyscale kids?

Anonymous said...

@ Mike: It's Pop Shoppe, chump! Spell it right, show some respect...

In Cranbrook I looked at a rental suite where some old lady had just died. That wouldn't have kept me out of it or anything, but it also happened to be a total dump. It was in the ghetto around Laurie school.

Anonymous said...

no, Your not the boss of me!

Keef said...

Geez, Mike you need to learn how to spell. It is "You're" as in "you are" not "your".

Anonymous said...

Update on Pop Shoppe, I picked up a bottle of Cola today, it says 'LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE!' on the side. I looked thru the other flavors, they all had various sassy phrases like 'MY DAD IS BIGGER THAN YOUR DAD', and 'TAKE A PICTURE - IT'LL LAST LONGER'. The orange one said the same thing as yours.

Keef said...

Good to know. Do you choose what you want to drink by the flavor or by the childish saying on the bottle? That's a tough one.