Thursday, July 31, 2008

Milestone

Congratulations everyone, this is officially my 100th post here on my blog. There has been ups and downs, but one thing has remained consistent for all 100 posts and that's my poor spelling and grammar. Unfortunately, I don't have any party favors or fireworks, but feel free to send me gifts .

I'll share with you some pictures of the crap I just bought. I know I'm moving and buying more crap probably isn't the smartest thing to do, but I couldn't resist. I haven't been to Value Village is so long and this week I managed to hit all three stores here in town. I got a couple t-shirts, books, and a tacky glass. One of the shirts is pretty stupid, so stupid I took a picture of myself wearing it.

I know you are laughing!!

In case you can't read the text (click the picture to see the larger size) it says "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry". I'm not sure why I bought it because I'll probably never actually wear it unless I'm painting or doing something dirty. The fact that is was only $1.99 definitely influenced my decision on whether or not I should buy it. What can I say, I'm a sucker. Value Village always has video game, music and movie t-shirts. In addition to Chuck and Larry I also saw The Love Guru, Smoking Aces, Halo, Def Leppard and a bunch more I instantly forgot after I looked at them. I saw some band t-shirt that was even signed by four people who I'm assuming were the band. I can't remember the band name, but they probably totally sucked. If they were any good I doubt the shirt would be in Value Village.

I also made my weekly to trip to Phoenix comics to see what's new. They had a Joey Ramone figure from NECA who also made the Kurt Cobain figure. It looks pretty cool, Joey's dressing in torn jeans, black t-shirt, leather jacket and comes with a mic stand. I didn't get it, but I probably will eventually. Anyway, I picked up this sack of loose Star Wars figures for $7.95 and I'm still wondering if it was worth it.


It was a mix of original figures with some newer figures. Unfortuately, almost all the figures didn't have accessories or anything which explains why it was $7.95.


The top row is all original figures. The Snow Trooper looks to be in the best shape, it's a bummer the coolest one, Biker Scout, is in the worst shape and has turned a bit yellow. I got two original Vader's and the Ewok's joints were surprisingly loose. Somebody actually played with an Ewok?? The bottom three figures are all new and even though the bottom Vader comes with a nylon cape and totally looks like a dollar store knock off, he is actually licensed. It's a bendy figure, so you can make him kick himself in the face and do other funny things. The bag had one gun and I'm pretty sure it was the Sand Trooper's gun, but I gave it to Boba Fett because he's cooler. He NEEDS a gun, but that just goes without saying.

So keep reading and here is to 100 more posts! I'm going to try and do something different as next post might be a video post, so check back this weekend and I'll see what I can do.

No comments: