Thursday, July 3, 2008

Movies and more Sloan.

This afternoon we went and saw The Incredible Hulk and the place was packed! There was like five people in the whole theater! That included us. We got there 15 minutes before the movie started and spent 15 minutes waiting in line at concession, it was excruciating, but the nachos were worth it. Seeing as how the place was pretty much empty it was easy getting a seat in the dark. We missed the advertisements, but caught the trailers. I'm sure you're wondering how the movie was and I'll say it was okay. Better than the first Hulk, but it still didn't impress me. It had a few funny nods to the old TV series. I think I didn't like it probably because there was so much CGI especially in the end fight of Hulk vs Abomination. CG has come a long way, but it looks CG, it wasn't exciting or I guess destructive enough. The movie also drops a couple hints at sequel possibilities involving the Avengers (Tony Stark/Iron Man cameo) or the Leader as a villain. I was no Iron Man, but I'm a Marvel dude, so I watched it anyway. Maybe when it comes out on DVD it'll be improved with the 70 minutes of cut footage(!) including a Captain America scene.


I forgot to mention that I finally saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It was "meh". All these remakes and sequels to old franchises never live up to the expectations of pretty much everyone. Indy is just a guy who barely scrapes through crazy situations by the skin of his teeth. The opening sequence in Indy 4 just takes this to a whole new level it is outrageous. Plus I really hated the Shia LaPoof vine swinging bit with the monkeys. That was stupid. BUT! Since I was seeing Indy 4 I got the Indiana Jones combo that came with all that great stuff above. If I was going to get my childhood dreams crushed I might as well get something out of it. I got my popcorn in that huge Indy 4 plastic pail, some Indy cards, and a pack of Indy 4 Mint Crisp M&Ms. The popcorn pail is bigger than past popcorn pails I've gotten which is a good thing because it means more popcorn! I wish I could've gotten it filled with nachos instead because that would be totally awesome. The Indy cards aren't like trading cards, but more like Magic cards. It's some card playing game or something similarly lame. The only way people are going to eat Mint Crisp M&Ms is if you give to them for free. There is no way somebody would pay to eat them. I don't mind the mint part, it's the crisp part that's weird.

I got this e-mail from Yep Roc records about a new live Sloan CD! It's not like an actual physical album, but one you can download only from LimeWire. And it's not an actual live album, but a live EP. It's also a live EP that was recorded in a studio. Still it's Sloan, so it won't disappoint. To get the EP of six songs, it'll cost you $5.94 American dollars. Actually, it'll probably cost you nothing! I'll cave in and end up buying it because I'll be on the computer and be bored and buy it just for something to do. Then I'll put it up online for anybody who wants it to download it. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: