Thursday, July 24, 2008

In a fix



Me and Cody were driving around today in the Cavalier when suddenly there was this scraping noise. I was like "Is that me?" The car was running fine, but the noise was scary, so we pulled over to see what was going on. The strap that holds up the muffler had broke and was now dragging on the ground. We were almost home, so I just stuck it back up there. When we got back I tried figuring out a better way to tuck the broken strap up because it was still hanging down a bit and was right behind the tire which was making me nervous. Sticking it back up was not going to working, but the strap was so rusty I just bent it and twisted it back and forth until it broke off. Problem fixed!! It's not entirely fixed because there is no strap holding up my muffler, but it is not like it's dragging on the ground. In fact it didn't even hang down a little bit. So I'm guess I'm safe until next time I get to go back to Cranbrook to get it fixed. I'll just have to hold off from taking jumps, driving over curbs and hitting speed bumps at full speed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you wanted to fix it ghetto-style, you could wrap a wire coat hanger around it and twist it like a twist-tie. Then you could still do cool jumps and drive on two wheels and stuff...

Anonymous said...

you should just take the muffler off. then you could do jumps, and it would spit fire and sound RAD.

Keef said...

Yeah, the coat hanger was what I thought of at first but as of now it doesn't need it.

Remember when the exhaust hanger broke on the old blue Ford on the way up to Lakit? Turns out Mike is good for something after all. Good times.

Anonymous said...

hey, you still owe me a pair of shoe laces for that.. or maybe those were yours.

Lakit is* on fire right now..
(take that conjunction police)