Sunday, January 4, 2009

CHA-CHING!!

It's my lucky day! On Saturday I was at work and wanted something to drink for my break, but the store was busy and I wasn't that thirsty enough that I would stand in line. So I went outside to buy a drink from one of the vending machines. I'm a Pepsi dude, but since the Pepsi machines charge $2.00 for a Minute Maid orange juice, I cheaped out and went to the Coke machine for a $1.75 Five Alive . When I put in my twoonie and made my selection I got two drinks! Hells yeah, TWO! Sad part is that is the coolest thing to happen to me in a long time.

I guess Coke figured they owed it to me after Thursday. I'm still sick and Thursday morning at work my throat was all dry and sore and I needed something to drink. For some reason the only drink coolers in the store are Coke brand, so I had no other choice but to get a Diet Coke. I bought it and headed upstairs and on the way I cracked it open and started to take a drink except only a trickle came out. The bottle was mostly filled with a icy slush mixture and after taking the first sip the bottle started to fizz up and overflow while I was in the middle of going up the stairs. I put the bottle back in my mouth to try and drink it, but it was overflowing too fast, so then I tried putting the lid back on, but it went on crooked and was still leaking out. I just ran into the office and try it into the nearest garbage can. Dammit! I was pissed that not only did I have to drink a Diet Coke, but it made and big mess and I still didn't have a drink. I just went back downstairs and took another one out of a different cooler making sure to check to see it wasn't frozen too. The exact same thing happened to the produce assistant supervisor today too. Stupid Coke.

Did you like the movie Grosse Pointe Blank? Have you seen the movie War, Inc? If you haven't then you should probably check it out. It stars John Cusack, Marissa Tomei, Hillary Duff, and Joan Cusack. It has the same vibe with John Cusack playing an assassin. It's funny, but not laugh out loud funny. The DVD is awful, it doesn't even have a trailer on it! It's just the movie and that is it, so make sure you rent it. Cody bought it because at Blockbuster it's buy 2 get 1 free and at Roger's it's buy 1 get 1 free, so he made sure to get crap and bother places. He also got Hatchet a movie with some cool gory kills, but frustrating ending.

I didn't get any movies, but picked up John Woo's Stranglehold for the XBox 360. It "stars" Chow Yun Fat as the Tequila character from Hard Boiled. I havent played it yet, but watching the ads on TV it looks like non-stop gunplay, diving, rolling, shooting while diving and rolling, shooting with one gun, two guns, etc. The instructions say you earn Style Points for stylish kills which sounds like fun. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'm still playing No More Heroes and right now I'm at the Holly Summers, the 6th ranked assassin fight. Who knows maybe I'll even finish this game. We'll have to wait and see how hard the final boss is.

No comments: