Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Crap I bought.

Last Saturday it was back to Bianca Amour's Liquidation Superstore to pick up some more hamburger CD wallets for Cam. I was going to the comic book store and it was just down MacLeod Trail a bit, so it wasn't all that out of the way. I had planned to just the hamburgers, but after looking around I ended up grabbing a bunch of other useless junk I didn't need. Just as I was about to pay the power went out! Even though there was no power you could pay if you had cash. Usually I don't even carry cash and only use debit, but luckily I did have some bills in my pocket. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough to buy everything in my basket, so just went with Cam's 2 hamburgers and the Cleopatra Jones DVD for myself. I really wanted to get this fridge magnet that said "Power corrupts and absolute power is kinda cool."

Despite the power outage I didn't manage to get Cam's burgers, but after carrying them around for a while I finally noticed that they weren't the same as mine. They are identical except the tops, mine has the cartoony face and Cam's just has some seasame seeds on it. I was too lazy to add the pictures when I e-mailed Cam, so Cam here are pictures of your hamburgers.



After leaving Bianca Amour's I discovered the power outage was not just there, but everywhere. I could see the traffic lights working on the other side of the LRT tracks, but I went the opposite way up to Blackfoot Trail and took Blackfoot Trail all the way to Southland Drive before the traffic lights were working again. I only went all the way because I wanted to go to Cash Converters. I have this crazy dream of finding Reboot DVDs there because they are out of print now and sell on eBay for prices of $45 all the way up to an insane $200. I didn't find any.


Next door to Cash Converters is a dollar store called Dollarama. I've never actually gone in there, but after not being able to get my fill of cheap crap at Bianca Amour's I decided I'd have a look. It is now my new favorite store! It is an actual dollar store where everything is $1 or 2 for $1 and such, but nothing priced over one dollar. If you go to a Pepsi brand vending machine a Minute Maid juice will cost you $2, but a Dollarama it'll cost $1. Dollar stores always have funny/scary food, but at least Dollarama had some brand name food. King size chocolate bars for $1! I wish I had bought more, but I can always go back.


I know it's a crappy small picture, so starting on the left here is what I got. First up are two tins of tuna, one thai and one red curry, these looked good, so hopefully they won't kill me. Beside the tuna are a box of Marvel Heroes sandwich bags and Spider-Man and Friends sandwich bags. In front of the sandwich bags are some High School Musical magnets and I only bought these for the Vanessa Hudgens magnet, the other two will be going to the thrift store. After not getting the other magnet I wanted, I had to get this for make up for it. I got two 100g milk chocolate bars for $1. They were cheap for a reason, but at least they did taste a little bit chocolatey. Behind the chocolate bars are some Pringles ripoffs called Chip Flix. I ate some of these for lunch today and they were greasy! There is a cardboard Spongebob magazine file and in front of that is a hand grenade. The grenade is pretty cool, so I gave it Cody. It even has a pin and when activated makes a ticking sound that gradually gets faster before makes and exploding noise. I know grenades don't tick, but for only $1 it's pretty sweet. Finally in front of the grenade are two Hannah Montana DVD-Rs. Giant Tiger in Cranbrook had spindles of 25 Hannah Montana or High School Musical DVD-Rs that I thought were cool/stupid but didn't want to dish out $20 for 25, but I'll pay $1 for one because I only wanted 2. What a deal.


That was pretty much my Saturday. I went home and had planned on washing the dishes, but fell asleep and then woke up and didn't feel like doing it. Later I watched my Cleopatra Jones DVD and that was it. When you don't do anything or go anywhere a trip to the dollar store can be totally awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I work in that cash converters!