Saturday, May 1, 2010

FCBD 2010

If it is the first Saturday of May then it means that it's Free Comic Day.  This morning I headed down to Kensington to go Another Dimension.  Most places give you one free comic, but AD is the best place to go because you get two free comics and you can buy additional comics for 25 cents each.  I only got two, The Simpson's comic from Bongo and the Oni Press' "Free For All".  Even though we were there early it was full of people in there, young and old.  Cody thought the kid working the register was stoned, but I think he's usually just like that.  Then again, it was pretty busy in there, maybe he needed something to help get him through the day.   Somehow I think his employers might frown upon that.  Either way I like him because he said my Galactus shirt that I bought at Goodwill was cool.  Flattery works.


On Friday I stopped by Phoenix Comics and ended up grabbing a Simpsons vinyl figure just for the hell of it.  I saw these at last weekend's comic expo, but didn't get one.  The figures are done by Kid Robot and are packaged so you don't know exactly what you are going to get.  I hate it when they do that because I never get the ones I want.  Luckily, Martin said if I ever get doubles I can just bring it back.  The characters I really want are the harder to find ones like Itchy, Scratchy, Duffman, and Funzo.  The odds of getting a Funzo are 1/96.  Damn, maybe I should buy a lottery ticket instead!  I ended up getting Comic Book Guy who also comes with a pair of removable Vulcan ears.  They are nice despite my CBG have a couple flaws, but are nice and solid and I even bought another one this morning at Another Dimension and got Homer.

Worst picture EVER!

The character card is also a sticker.

One of those mystery figures is Mr. Teeny, not sure about the others.

No comments: