Tuesday, May 18, 2010

HOT DOG!

I was actually going to do a different post, but I don't have Photoshop or the know-how to use it, so that was scrapped.  Instead I give you BALLPARK HOT DOG flavored chips! 


Jeremy, the grocery supervisor at work, pointed these out to me the other day and I was like, "Wow, those look nasty, I better try them."  The front of the bag says they are made with a hot dog, mustard and relish flavored seasoning.  What no ketchup?  I was taking them upstairs and Andre (the meat spv) was trying to get them and I was like, "You can't eat those!"  FYI, he is Muslim and went running.  My plan was to go home for lunch and use Cody as a guinea pig, but he had gone out, so I was stuck eating them myself.

I was actually disappointed that they didn't taste like hot dogs, they just tasted like all dressed chips.  You do get a somewhat hot dog smell off them, and sometimes I thought I was tasting mustard.  Later on I did make Cody eat one and he said it did taste like hot dog.  Still he only ate one chip where I ate a lot more.  I still think they taste like all dressed chips and I'm not much of a fan of all dressed chips.  , so therefore I didn't like them.  The actual chips themselves are thick cut crinkle cut and are pretty good.  They should've boiled up a bunch of actual hot dogs and then used that hot dog flavored water in making the chips.  I bet they would've tasted a lot more like hot dog.  Anyway, if you see these chips just do yourself a favor walking to the meat department and buy some actual hot dogs.  Is there hot dog flavored gum?

I also got a bag of Greek chips which are flavored with feta, olive and oregano.  Done with the same thick cut krinkle cut chips they weren't bad.  Better than the hot dog chips.

2 comments:

mike said...

eww, hotdog water... you need to get on that hotdog gum though; $$

ps we went to Cap'n Sharky's this weekend, it's a FishnChips shop here in kamloops. We had to go because I felt bad for making fun f the name for so long, but now I'm good for awhile.

Keef said...

Was that place good? Is Cap'n Sharky a dude named Sharky or a shark dressed as a sea captain? I hope it's a shark dressed as a captain and I really hope they have t-shirts.