Tuesday, June 1, 2010

See you at the movies

This afternoon we went and saw MacGrubber because for some reason Cody wanted to. It wasn't bad, I thought it was "meh". Some parts were funny, but seems kinda weird to parody a TV show character about 20 years too late.

When we got to Chinook I went to the automated ticket machine and got one general ticket, but the machine spit out a ticket and a concession coupon. What the hell, I didn't want this? The coupon was for a regular popcorn and regular drink. At the concession stand I was going to get the nacho combo which comes with nachos, drink and a candy. I usually get something with candy in case of a low blood sugar or something. Before we went into the theater I took my insulin shot in anticipation of eating a nacho combo, but when it was my turn to order I was told they no longer offer the nacho combo. WTF!! I took my insulin shot, so I have to eat something and this regular popcorn coupon that I paid for and didn't even want isn't going to cut it. I ended up paying more money for a different combo with a large popcorn and M&Ms.

I got the Coke World Cup soccer combo, so the drink came in a collectible cup and I got a collector's pin. The guy behind the counter gave me my drink, popcorn and M&Ms and I was like "What happened to the pin?" He then proceeded to run all over the concession stand and then the theater trying to find me my pin. It's not like I actually even wanted the pin, but I was pissed for basically buying two concession tickets, not using one and not even getting nacho combo. He eventually found the pin and gave me two.


When we left theater they had some signs up about the Tuesday "deals" and how you can get a general ticket and regular popcorn + drink for $12 or just the movie ticket for $5.67. When I was using the machine I didn't even see the option to get just the ticket, I just saw the word "General admission" and selected it without knowing it came with popcorn. They must have had the ticket only option hidden way at the bottom of the list.

Me and Cody already booked June 11th off to go see The A-Team, so Cineplex Odeon better get their asses in gear and bring back the nacho combo by then. Going to the theater sucks.

No comments: