Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Photo Op 2

I looking around the Android Play Store for some free photo apps I could use for the blog and I came across a pair of video game related photo apps. 

Portal 2

And the perfect companion app to the Portal 2 Booth would be based on another classic from Valve, the HalfLife2 Booth.

Crowbar

Gravity gun

The same guy made both apps and they are very basic.  When you open the Portal 2 app the game HUD is just laid over whatever you are aiming your camera at.  There is one button on the right hand side of the screen and that takes the picture.  That is it!  On the Half-Life 2 app it is pretty much the same except on the the left there is a button that lets you switch between the crow or gravity gun, there are no other weapons available.  Update please!  While I was attempting to take some Half-Life 2 pics the app froze up twice when I tried to take a picture.  The first time the app just closed, so I re-opened it and tried to take another picture, but it froze up again and I ended up having to turn off my phone and restart it.  The apps take decent pictures as long as there is enough natural light.  The image files are saved as .png files, but they are only 800 x 480 in size.  It's still pretty fun and it's free.  Just go around taking pictures with the crowbar in the HalfLife2 Booth of people going about their business.

No comments: