Saturday, November 3, 2012

Skate (not Scate) or Die!

Today at the good old Hillhurst-Sunnyside Community Association they had a huge comics/DVD blowout.  It is just a one day sale of comics and movies.  They had one last year too and I'm pretty sure I wrote about it on here, but I can't find the blog post.  Last year they also had collectibles/toys, but this year they didn't which kinda sucked.  I sorta browsed through the comics, but didn't find anything that interested me.  I just don't like flipping through boxes of comics because your fingers feel all gross.  With each comic I touch I can feel the dust and dirt accumulating on my fingers tips.  That doesn't mean I didn't buy anything though.

I got five DVDs for $10 which included a three movie set and the director's cut of Reindeer Games.  I found one movie that I was surprised to find in there as they were all Hollywood movies and such, but sitting in there I found a sealed copy of Powell Peralta's Public Domain!  Oh, the memories.  I still have my old VHS copy of it, so now I'm finally able to upgrade it to DVD.  Soon as I got home I opened it and popped it in and watched a few scenes.  It's just as awesome as you remember, but also funnier because everyone looks/is dressed funny.

Photographic proof it exists.

No comments: