Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday the 13th - Part 3(1982)

I've been meaning to get around to this one for a while as Cody and I watched it well over a week and a half ago.  I just hope I can remember all the intricate plot details.  Oh yeah, Jason kills a bunch of teenagers.  Wait, wasn't that Part 2?


Friday the 13th Part 3 picks up right after then end of part 2.  We know this because once again we get to watch the last few minutes of the previous film.   After the recap Jason kills some schmucks at a convenience store after hours then the movie gets going.

A group of teenagers head out to one of the girl's cabin to spend a weekend partying.  The girl suffered a traumatic incident out there a few years earlier and want to try and put it behind her.  Spoiler alert, it was Jason!  A fat Jewish nerd pisses off some bikers who follow the kids back to the cabin, but that's cool because that means Jason just has more people to kill.  Which he totally does!

I liked this movie mostly because some of the characters are pretty annoying, so it's satisfying when they get killed.  Although, the one guy who you really want to get killed ASAP gets killed off screen which is a bummer.  I felt a bit robbed.

This guy can not die fast enough.

My favourite kill was the cute chick getting the old harpoon gun bolt right in the eye.  Jason has pretty good aim.  You think he might have a vision problem since his face is like deformed, but he's just that damn good.


Friday the 13th Part 3 also sees Jason get his iconic hockey mask.  He gets it from the Jewish guy who was wearing it while playing a prank hiding in the water in a wetsuit.  Don't even ask.  So Jason gets his hockey mask, but somehow loses all his hair.

In Part 2 we see Jason with the burlap sack off his head as well as his deformed visage and his long brunette locks.  Even thought Part 3 takes places literally like the next day or day after suddenly Jason is completely bald.  I guess he had time to shave it at the start of the movie in between his kills.  When you're busy killing people who has the the time to shampoo and condition?

Somebody axed him a question.

Part 3 was originally released in 3D in theatres back in the day and it's loaded with gimmicky 3D shots.  I have the anaglyph 3D DVD that was released a few years ago.  It comes with the red/blue glasses but unfortunately the effect isn't that great.  Mostly of the time it just looks blurry and out of focus, but there were a few scenes that actually looked good.

That is all I got for Friday the 13th Part 3.  I liked it a lot, it had enough of the cheese, the kills were good, the atmosphere was good and it was fun.  The Final Chapter is next, but I don't think I'll manage to get through all the films in time for Halloween.  I just keep going until I finish the entire series anyway.

No comments: