Friday, November 29, 2013

Pictures of pictures...but different

I've done the "pictures of pictures" bit on here a few times, but this time I'm doing it a little different.  I e-mailed Murray the other day and told him about some Archie comic art I got at the flea market and he said I should send him a picture.  I also told him I would take care of his Mars Attacks art and his crinkly Flash sketch by putting them in my portfolio book I have.  I got a big portfolio book for my small collection of art, sketches and whatnot because I wanted to keep them safe.

Over the next few posts I'll be showing pictures of the pictures that I have in my book.  If you've been reading my blog since the beginning then you've probably seen a lot of them, but some you haven't.


This is the portfolio book which came from Michael's and I recently had to go out and buy some more pages for it.


Spider-Man commission from Takeshi Miyazawa.  The photo doesn't do it justice, it looks crazy awesome in person.


Some Betty and Veronica art from Archie artist Dan Parent who drew the Archie Meets KISS crossover a couple years ago.


An original page of art from The X-Files by Calgary artist Claude St. Aubin.  It's page 4 from the issue, "The Silent Blade."  I picked this up at the crummy little comic show back in 1998.


A sketch from Fiona Staples from the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo 2009.  I asked for something "girly" and this is what I got.


A print signed by artist Jo Chen.  This image is a cover of Marvel's Runaways.  Got it when she came to the Calgary Comic and Ent Expo.  Hey Murray, she's from Taiwan!


A water colour painting of Joss, the main character from Faith Erin Hick's graphic novel, Zombies Calling.  She was selling art a while ago (years ago) from her website, so I bought this.


A print for the comic Done to Death signed by writer Andrew Foley and artist Fiona Staples.  They gave it to me for free which was nice considering I was all weird and junk.  It's hand numbered 93 out of 100.


Yep, that is just plain old Hives poster.  Seems a bit out of place...and it is!

Sorry everybody, but that is all the pictures for now.  If I did everything in one post it would like ten miles long.  That is ten internet miles.  See ya soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool stuff there. Would love to see more. Have never heard of Jo Chen. Just read up on her, interesting.