Monday, November 9, 2015

Yep, more Star Wars.

A while ago I wrote about an e-mail I got from Post Foods teasing some sort of Star Wars promotion coming out.  I immediately wondered what it could be and had high hopes of t-shirts and lightsaber spoons. I almost forgot about it, wondered when the hell it was coming out and then at work I saw a pallet drop of Post Star Wars cereals.


I don't even like Honey Bunches of Oats, but it has BB-8 on it, so I had to get it.


I do however like Honeycomb, so I got this one, and it's the Kylo Ren box, so that's a plus.


It even has art on the side of the box.


A cool picture on the back of the box.  Unfortunately, the BB-8 box didn't have reverse artwork.  It was just the same, but in French.


The very bottom of the box also shows all the different Star Wars cereals boxes and the artwork for them.  Collect all 7 boxes!  

Wait, that's it?!!  Yep, Post completely wastes the Star Wars license and just gives us Star Wars themed cereals boxes.  Where are the prizes, the toys or stickers?  No PIN codes for a shirt?  No mail away offer?  Not even a cut out Stormtrooper mask on the back of box.  Huge missed opportunity here.  They could've even made an limited edition cereal, BB-8's, which would be orange coloured balls like Corn Pops.  It's like C-3PO's for a new generation.  Then the mail away offer would be a cereal bowl painted up like BB-8.  Post totally screwed this one up, but I'll still eat my cereal, but I won't like it, especially the Honey Bunches of Oats. 

Fun fact: way back in 1995 I ate a bunch of Kellogg's Honey Nut Corn Flakes, so I could get enough tokens to send away for the "Making of Star Wars" special on VHS.  It was a special that aired on TV back in 1977 and is included on the blu-ray as a special feature.  The TV and blu-ray version is narrated by William Conrad while the Kellogg's VHS is narrated by movie trailer voice over legend Don LaFontaine.  The LaFontaine Kellogg's version has only seen that one release and wasn't issued on any more formats.  I bet that VHS tape is worth like $100!

No comments: