Saturday, January 30, 2016

Questionable quality

If you follow my Instagram then you know I was in Chinatown the other day picking up goodies like candy and bootleg movies!  


I got this Blu-ray copy of My Lucky Stars, an 80's Jackie Chan movie.  Well it's known as a Jackie Chan movie, but he's only in it at the start and at the end for the big fight.  That's good enough for me.  I probably already have this tucked away somewhere, but it's probably easier to just buy another copy than try to find it again.


This is a Korean movie called Assassination and I just watched it tonight.  I liked it!


Phantom is an Indian flick that I've had on my radar for a while now.  I actually found a few other Bollywood movies in the sale bin that I wanted to watch, so hopefully they'll still be there next time I go back.


A bootleg Disney movie?!  While I actually have the legit Disney Blu-ray for Big Hero 6, I bought this 3D version because for some reason Disney released it on 3D everywhere else in the world except North America.  Doesn't make sense to me.  


Bootleg Castle DVDs!  I bought this Castle Season 5 three disc set for $9 and I thought it was a pretty good deal.  It didn't turn out to be that good of a deal as I thought it was the complete season 5, but how can they fit an entire season on three discs?  Unlike what the packaging says its not Blu-ray, it's DVD and there is only half a season on the three discs, but I guess that's what I get for buying bootlegs.  When I learn?  Never probably...


I watched the first couple episodes and while the picture quality is pretty good, anamorphic widescreen and clear, it's just a rip from the CTV broadcast!  The start of the episodes have the rating logo and there is the CTV watermark in the bottom corner.  



No comments: