Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Still Star Wars

I was at Wal-Mart last week and walked down the toy aisle to see if there was anything cool.  I ended getting another Star Wars Hot Wheels vehicle for my desk.  I picked up an AT-ST as part of the Rogue One collection.


It looks nice, but like my AT-AT it is not 100% die cast.  The body is metal while the legs and blaster cannons are plastic.  At least my Snow Speeder is all metal.  The AT-ST does come with a clear display base with the Imperial Logo on it, something that didn't come with the AT-AT.  There is also the AT-AT Cargo Walker from Rogue One which does come with a display base.  Looks like Hot Wheels changed all the display stands for this wave of vehicles from previous vehicles.  I'll admit the new stands with the Imperial or Alliance logos look a lot nicer than the old ones.  That being said I bet you they re-release all the old vehicles with these new stands just get some more money.


In other and way more important news last week was Star Wars Celebration in Orlando where the first trailer dropped for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  I'm pretty sure you've all seen it, that is unless your name is Cara.  But here it is anyway!



At Star Wars Celebration they also announced Star Wars: Battlefront II for this November.  While the first Battlefront focused on the original trilogy, Battlefront II will feature characters and most likely planets from all the Star Wars films.  The first game was multiplayer only, but lots of babies complained about it, so Battlefront II will have a single player campaign mode.  In the campaign you player as an Imperial female special forces trooper and it bridges the gap between ROTJ and The Force Awakens.  I'll give it try and hopefully won't get my ass handed to me.

No comments: