Thursday, January 17, 2008

OMG!!!

Today was my day off, but I needed to go see the doctor to renew my prescription for Altace. That's for my high blood pressure, thanks dad! Anyway, I decided to "treat" myself to breakfast at McD's because the only I like on their menu is the Sausage McMuffin with Egg. After grabbing breakfast I headed to the doctor's office. It's a family doctor/walk in clinic which is located WAY OUT in Airdrie in the Superstore where I used to work. I walked in and the wait was gonna be an hour, so I walked around the store a bit. After about 15 minutes I got bored and went back to the waiting room and sat. Sitting there for a bit waiting I looked down and noticed that my fly was zipped down. WTH?! I had been going around since leaving the house with my fly zipped down? I couldn't zip it up right there in the waiting with a bunch of people. I just adjusted my t-shirt to cover it up and when it was my turn I put my hands in my coat pocket and tried to cover it up. After being led back to the examination room and finally having some space I zipped up the zipper which was completely all the way down, not even half way or something. How could something like that slip by me? Luckily, it's a rare case and something that doesn't happen regularly...I think.

Things got better after that as I hit Phoenix comics and got a couple comics including the new Dogby Walks Alone. I'd could describe it, but I can't it's that complex and I'm lazy. It's good and the main character is a guy in dog suit, well maybe it's a dog suit or maybe he's just a giant dog. The real deal here is that I finally got myself some Ace Ventura DVD.


The Ace Ventura Collection which collects Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, and a third disc of episodes from the Ace Ventura cartoon series. I've been holding off and waiting for the Ace Ventura Ultimate Edition which will have all the footage from the DVD and TV verisons, but this was only $6.95 and too sweet a deal to pass up. Pet Detective in this set is the first time it's been available widescreen, but still the same cut as the previous home video release. I demand an extended cut because it's Jim Carrey's finest work...EVER!

I went to Safeway to pick up some groceries because they carry the best cookies known to man!


Lofthouse makes these sugar cookies and they are so soft they melt in your mouth and if you haven't tried them then you'd better because you aren't experiencing life to the fullest. When Cam was here we forced him to eat some and he absolutely loved them! Well he didn't actually say that, but I know he did, he was just so overwhelmed he was speechless. Try them they rock!

No comments: