Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Money in the bank!


See I told I had that had those belt buckles. The A-Team buckle still has the original belt on it, so it must be worth more, probably like $5000. Yes!

Not too much going on here. Soon as I arrived back in Calgary last Friday I started to feel sick and now I'm totally sick. It sucks. I had yesterday and get today and tomorrow off, so hopefully I can recuperate with the time off.

Yesterday I slept in and popped in my two new Wii games I got for X-mas, Super Mario Galaxy and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. I only played Mario very briefly, but was left somewhat dizzy. The rest of my time was spent playing Medal of Honor. The controls were weird at first, but once you get used to them it's was better. Unlike other systems where you can just sit back and play, you have to work a bit more making gestures with the Wii-mote and nunchuk and stuff. One mission has you waving the remote around in front of you acting as a mine detector as you navigate your way through a minefield. I died.

The shotgun is always a fun weapon, but it's a pain in the ass on the Wii. After you shoot you have to "pump" the shotgun by flicking the nunchuk. If you don't then there is no shell in the chamber and you can't shoot. Other games this is all done automatically, so there were a few times when I've capped somebody and then run into a fire fight and went to shoot someone and forgot to pump the shotgun...oopsie!

The game seems kinda of short and I only have three missions left to finish the game. There is also the Arcade mode which is a on rails shooter that goes through the game. The arcade is as good as other shooter of it's kind like RE: Umbrella Chronicles or Ghost Squad and it's not even the main game, it's like an extra. You don't have to worry about controlling your character, just shoot anything that moves.

I know Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 isn't a cutting edge first person shooter like games on other systems like Halo 3, but it's still lots of fun and I prefer the sound of actual real world guns to the "pew pew" of spacey futuristic shooters. Did I mention I got the award for 100 headshots after 4 missions? Haha!

No comments: