Saturday, January 26, 2008

Video game report

In a previous post I mentioned the gaming console of the future called the PZ3 which I had bought for Cam. He has finally sent in a picture of the PZ3 in action.

Damn, does that thing look like fun or what?! It combines the graphics power and processing of the PS3 and XBox 360 with the ingenuity and originality of the Wii. It runs on batteries so it's totally portable and has it's own display screen. It only supports single player action, but it's so good you won't want to share it with anyone! If it can "Wow" Cam, then you know it is truly some special.

I went and bought Ghost Squad for my Wii, which is port of the Sega arcade game. It is a light gun game like Virtua Cop just newer. It's three missions which each take around 10-12 minutes each to finish. That doesn't sound like much and it isn't, but each mission has branching paths, so you don't have to play the exact same mission each time. It is nice if you just want to sit down and start shooting guys right away. Finishing the game with positive results nets you points which unlock different paths, costumes, and weapons. The arcade mode support co-op play and the party mode supports up to four players. Unfortunately, I'm not that good at it and the third mission I've only managed to finish three times. Actually, I've finished it many times, but only managed to kill the final boss three times. I don't know why one time I can hardly dent him, and then the next time I easily kill him.

Speaking of sucking at video games I still haven't finished Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. I'm on the last mission which has you destroying a rocket factory. I can make to the very last part where the factory is about to blow up and you have 4 minutes to shoot your way out before it blows. I can't kill guys fast enough and the clocks runs out before I can make it out. The game has been fun so far, but if I don't manage to finish that level soon I'll go insane.

Right now Cody is playing Call of Duty 2 for the XBox 360 which about fall 2005 and it looks WAY better than Wii's MOH: Heroes 2 which came out fall 2007. Is the Wii actually lacking that much processing power that game that are years old on other systems still look sharper and cleaner than current Wii efforts? That kinda of sucks because you know Wii games aren't going to get that much more refined in terms of graphics and such. On platform games like Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy it doesn't really matter because the graphics are supposed to be colorful and cartoony.

At least the Wii is starting to get a few more decent titles coming out like No More Heroes and Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law. I'd like to get Harvey Birdman because I like the TV and it sounds like the game is basically just the same thing. It's a point and click type game where you take cases to court, find evidence, question witnesses but with humorous results. All the voice cast from the TV show are on the game with the exception of that jerk Stephen Colbert. I guess he is too big and important for it now. But maybe I should try and finish the games I got going now first.

No comments: