Thursday, February 19, 2009

99% JUICE

Today was my second of three days off this week (hooray for stat holidays) and as usual on a day off I'll go out and probably end up spending money. And spend money I did! Cody also had the day off and we ended up hitting Value Village, Toys'R'Us, Cash Converters and Dollarama. In that order!


I needed some new shirts with funny/stupid slogans on them, so Value Village was the place to go to. I didn't find any shirts, but ended up buying 5 Power Rangers VHS tapes and a Berlitz book on Japan. I think the cashier lady thought I was weird for buying all Power Rangers videos because she was like "These are all Power Rangers." My response was, "Yeah, I know." The Berlitz book on Japan is funny because it's from like 1986. I'll plan a trip to Japan based on it and find out half the stuff in it is no longer there. Plus the book even has an inscription, "To Colleen, Have a good trip and enjoy the pleasures of sharing. Love Unca' Blythe + Aunt Marie. July '86" Not only did that guy have the awful name of Blythe, but he was also Unca' Blythe. Poor guy.

At Toys'R'Us I picked up the Transformers Mighty Muggs version of Soundwave. Just like I said I would! They also had a couple Bumblebees and a Megatron. According to the box there is also an Optimus Prime, Grimlock and Starscream.

Adorable!

At Cash Converters I got a couple cheap DVDs and a Go Team CD and that's about it. Next door at Dollarama I needed a basket for all my crap. This time I got mostly food and some of it even appears edible.


Check that out! Most of that stuff it pretty ordinary like orange juice, gummy worms, beef jerky, sweet tarts, sea salt grinder, Sunny D, Reese Bar (peanut butter cups in bar form) and a Spider-Man watch. Yeah, that's not any Spider-Man watch, but a LCD watch and it was $1. Those Clover Leaf Inspirations were actually a good deal because we used to sell them at work for $3.99 and guess how much they were? Yeah, a buck! When I get tired of eating cereal or peanut butter sandwiches I'll go with some salmon with sweet pepper salsa on rice. It's my way of pretending I can cook. Making rice in a rice cooker and microwaving a pouch of salmon is cooking to me.

The weirdest things I'm scared of are the Fruit Smoothies in the pouches and I got two, Strawberry Apple and Banana Apple. Damn 2 for $1! You can drink them right out of the pouch which is very convenient because you don't have to dirty a glass. Squeezing the pouch the drink feels a lot more solid than I was expecting. For some reason I have this feeling it'll be like drinking jam, but there is only one way to find out.


and 1% DEADLY POISON!!

We also found this burger place that Cody wants to eat at, so maybe one day we'll get to check it out and the burger reviews will return.

No comments: