Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rock and Roll All Nite!

And sleep everyday! Finally! I told Cam at Christmas that I would make this post soon and so I guess "soon" means over a month. Both my cousins, Cam and Murray, are currently playing in bands, so here is the deal on what is going on with those guys.

Cam is in a band called The Wax Poets and they have just released a self titled CD and before Christmas did a cross Canada tour in promotion of the album. I actually bought two copies of it, one for me and one for my mom, so I'm doing my part. The Wax Poets have a MySpace page where you can get some info, hear a few songs and watch some videos. Looks like they will have their own website soon, but it's not up yet. If you want the CD you can buy it online from CD Baby, the link is on the MySpace page. I wouldn't think of copying it for anyone, that would be wrong. The album is also supposed to available on iTunes somtime soon.

As for Murray he found a bunch of other white guys over in Taiwan and formed a band called Windy City 4. They also have a MySpace page, but unfortunately they don't have any music up yet. Don't worry, as somebody has posted some clips of them playing live on YouTube, so check that out. It was good, but I was seriously disappointed by the lack of any pyrotechnics.

That is all for now, but will keep you updated of any related news.

No comments: