Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trash and Chaossss!!!!

I received some chirashi in the mail the other day that I had ordered off the internet. Chirashi are movie fliers that are given away for free in Japanese theaters to promote current or upcoming releases. They usually feature poster art on the front and pictures and a movie description on the back. For foreign films they can feature alternate artwork and the title in Japanese script which makes it look way cooler than the posters we get. Some chirashi are cheap, 50 cents, and some are worth more depending on the film and how rare it is.

Most of the ones I have are from films I liked and/or thought the flier looked cool. As I said they are pretty cheap to collect and easy to store and it's basically just a piece of paper. Crappy thing is that they are an oddball size(7"X10") so you can pop it in a ready made frame like 8X11 or something.

Here is a scan for the Wild Zero flier, I bought it because I liked the movie AND it looks nuts.

Click for a super sized version.

I'll try to post more of the different looking chirashi when I have time. It's easier than actually writing something. Rock'n'Roll!!!!

No comments: