Saturday, July 25, 2009

Garbage Sale

Today I probably would've stayed inside playing video games and watching Airwolf all day long, but Cody wanted to go check out some garage sales. We visited a few mostly in the Signal Hill/Coach Hill area and while most we lame I did find some stuff to get.


An army cot! The cot frame and the mattress itself cost me $20. I grabbed it as a "guest bed" I guess as last time my dad stayed over he slept on the couch and nearly crippled his back. I had offered him my bed, but he turned it down. Hopefully, this cot will be a little nicer. It has no doubt been sitting in someone's basement or garage for a while because the mattress has a musty smell to it. I'm not sure how I can get rid of the smell other than to air it out and throw a bucket of Febreze on it. Any ideas?


Same place that had the cot also had a Star Wars double LP soundtrack and Star Wars storybooks with records. I already had all of these, but the soundtrack was in way better shape than mine and I also buy any cool storybook w/records even if I already have them. I think I have like 6 copies of the Black Hole. They also had some old car racing set or slot car racing set I think it's called. I wanted this, but unfortunately lack the space to set it up. I guess if I organize the basement to make room, but that sounds like work. Next time!


We hit another garage sale and while most of the stuff was lame I got some more fridge magnets(like I need any more) and a vintage Hires root beer glass bottle. As you can see the magnets are of Hong Kong and are still sealed. MIP!! There is one of the city scape at night, the huge Buddha statue on Lantau Island, and the other one is some place I can't remember. If you watch the Hong Kong movie Gen X Cops you can see it get blown up in cheesy CGI at the end. Then Jackie Chan makes a cameo.

After all that then I sat in front of the TV and watched Airwolf and played videogames. Cody downloaded the trial version of Battlefield 1943 from XBox Live Arcade. I played not knowing the controls and what to do. I was a Marine rifleman and had a M1 Garand and somehow I had fixed the bayonette on the end of it. With the bayonette it becomes a melee weapon, so you can't fire the gun which sucks. I was figuring out how to take it off when out of nowhere an enemy Japanese solider runs right by me. Luckily he didn't even see me and I started chasing after him. I could've easily shot in in the back, but since I didn't know how to take the bayonette off I was kinda stuck. I just sprinted up behind him and melee attacked him and killed him and then me and Cody laughed real hard! Watch your radar fool! For a downloadable game it sure look real good and it's pretty fun to play. Too bad the trial version only last for 30 minutes!

No comments: