Saturday, July 11, 2009

Too cool.


Who needs Oakley's or whatever sunglasses the hip kids are wearing these days? This morning I went to get my eyes checked and they put drops in my eyes to dilate the pupils so they could check the "health" of my eyes! I'm good! Anyway, for the first time in a week it was actually sunny out this morning which is blindingly bright when you have huge dilated pupils. The optometrist gave me a pair of disposable sunglasses that tuck behind your regular glasses so I could drive home without hitting anything/anyone.

I am pretty broke now as I got my eyes looked at which is not covered by Alberta Health and got a new pair of glasses. I get bored of things easy and I'm tired of my current glasses, they are too blue. I just hope that the glasses actually look okay on me, but I'll probably just look weird. I was looking at frames by myself and I don't trust the lady who was helping me. Of course she is going to say it looks good, she's trying to make a sale. I also got a pair of real sunglasses to replace the ones that got stolen out of my car awhile ago. I just hope the idiot that stole them gets a bad headache from wearing them. Who steals prescription sunglasses?

I got my glasses and eyes checked at Iris. They carry some fancy designer frames and I definitely could've found cheaper glasses elsewhere. I saw an ad on TV for this place called Hakim Optical where they have a deal of two pairs of glasses for $299. WHAT?! Just the frames for my regular glasses cost more than that. Oh well, it pays not to be lazy and buy the first thing in front of you. But it's so easy! I just realized that I could've saved a bunch of money by not getting sunglasses and just using the disposable pair I got for FREE!

No comments: