Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crap I got.

Remember how in a previous post I was talking about making a website about the old storybooks that came with the tapes and records?  Well, I have a few tapes sitting around and back then they didn't come with cases, so I need some cases to help getting them in NM condition.  I headed over the the Goodwill on Shaganappi with plans to buy some cassette tapes, so I could trash the tapes, but keep the cases.  Of course, I ended up leaving with a lot more than tape cases.


 I did find the tape cases and the tapes were brand new wrapped blank cassettes which was a bonus because at Goodwill all tapes, DVDs, and CDs have stickers on them.  Three of the four I got were even the slim line cassette cases too.  Unfortunately I should have checked to see how many cases I actually needed because I bought four when I needed five.  I'll have to look for some more because it's not like I can go to Wal-Mart or Future Shop to buy new ones.  Although, I think they dollar store might have them.  So does anybody want the blank tapes or should I just throw them out right now? 


I bought this weird DVD for Cody called Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning which is some kind of Finnish Star Trek fan film.  At IMDB it looks to have a decent rating, so maybe it's not that awful.  I'll let Cody watch it first.

In the "media" area I also bought myself a Prodigy single and a old school Walt Disney 45 record.  The record sleeve turned out to have two records inside, so it was a double score.


I wasn't even going to look at the clothes, but happened to be walking by the t-shirts when I spotted one with a monkey on it!  Everyone needs a t-shirt with a monkey on it.  And right beside it I got a Galactus shirt too.  I was a pretty haul as they were both printed on American Apparel shirts, but remember to hang dry them or they will shrink.


Cody just got back from spending Easter in BC and while he was there he went to Giant Tiger.  Bad news is that they are all out of Crunk, but the good news is that they were giving away Giant Tiger slinkys.  They were GIVING them away, how cool is that! 


I'm sure supplies are limited so get your ass down to GT and get yours today.  A while ago I took my dad to the Cranbrook GT because he had never been in there and I doubt he's been back.  We got free GT drink cozies which he then threw in box to give the thrift store.  The slinky is way cooler and way more practical.  Now prepared to be amazed by some awesome slinky action.

Go slinky!

I said, "GO SLINKY!!"

JUST GO DAMMIT!!

Okay, this is going to take a while.

2 comments:

mike said...

you should just leave it there at the top of the stairs; you know, no pressure or anything mister GT slinky, just whenever you're ready...

Keef said...

Then I'll come from work and it'll be at the bottom of stairs and I'll be like "Whhaaaaa??"