Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Exact change?

Today at work I went outside to get a drink from the vending machines  and I went to the Coke machine to grab a Five Alive aka Deli Cinq.  I put in my toonie only to have it fall straight through to the change slot, so I tried it again with the same result.  The meat supervisor, Andre, was walking by and I asked him if he had any change.  We tried two on his toonies, but they also fell straight through as well.  Coke is for scrubs anyway, so I headed over to the Pepsi machine.

The Pepsi machine is better anyway as drinks only cost $1.75 compared to $2.00 at the Coke machine.  I put my twoonie in the machine and it got stuck!  I didn't hear it fall down, so I looked into the slot and I could see it caught on someone else's quarter in there.  I used one of my keys to poke around and knock it down.  The quarter was really jammed though.  I picked my selection of lemonade and picked up my change of 26 cents.


I'm pretty sure that if I paid $2.00 for a drink that costs $1.75,  then I'll get back $0.25, not $0.26.  Is this what they call the "new math"?  How did a penny get in the Pepsi machine?  Who puts pennies in vending machines anyway?  It all worked out better for me anyway, so I shouldn't complain.  That's one penny closer to $1 million.

2 comments:

mike said...

oh man, I hope that doesn't bump you into a higer tax bracket..

I could go for some Cinq right now..

Keef said...

When Murray and Eunice were here I had a huge supply of Five Alive in the fridge because Eunice really liked that stuff.

The original citrus flavor is the best. The other flavors like tropical and berry. According to Wikipedia Five Alive is hard to find in the US now. No Five Alive AND no ketchup chips? Just another reason why Canada is better.