Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Protip

I got that spare cassette case I needed the other day.  I went to the thrift store near our place to get it.  Unfortunately, they didn't have any sealed blank cassettes, so I had to get a used one.  If this ever happens you and it probably won't, but if it does here is the way to get the best case.

I wanted a case that was all clear, not the really old ones with the black backs.  Since they were all old and used a lot of them were scratched and damaged.  The easiest way to find the best one is to go through them and pick out the the crappiest and/or most obscure albums. 

As always your best bet is to get something local or religious or both.  Most thrift stores will have some kind of religious albums in the form of records, tapes or CDs just because nobody wants them.  NOBODY!  That's why I got a Calgary Youth cassette in near mint condition.  I also recently picked up the OOP and hard to find Johnny Hanson Presents Puck Rock Vol 1, but the case was in rough shape.  While I was picking up a new cassette case, I also got myself a new CD case.


There you see it's local and religious and even still sealed.  They had like 6 sealed copies of it too.  My Johnny Hanson Puck Rock CD looks brand new and if anyone wants the Calgary Protestant Male Choir CD let me know as it's still lying on my floor somewhere.

1 comment:

mike said...

Great Keith, now the Calgary Protestant Male Choir will go all nickelback-y with their ballooning record sales.. watch for members dd-ing lambos downtown.