Saturday, September 29, 2012

Crave

On Monday I went and got a haircut as I need what little hair I have left to be short because I don't have a comb.  Since I was going up to my usual place I thought I'd just go a little further up the road and hit up Crave and grab a cupcake.  Usually, I get cupcakes (yes, plural), a Crave-O-Licous and a Red Velvet Elvis.  This I time I stuck with the Crave-O-Licous, but got the special of the month as my other choice.

Framed because it's art.

September's special is the Apple Spice cupcake.  It seems more like muffin than a cupcake though.  I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but it did seem like it had too much icing on it.  It was still good, but as I said the actual "cake" part seemed more like a muffin than cake.  A bunch of icing on cake is fine, but it seems weird on something muffin like.

The funny part was that in front of me was an old lady asking if they sold muffins, but the girl said they only had cupcakes, so the lady left without buying anything.  So what if they don't have muffins, the cupcakes are awesome.  She could just scrape the icing off and then they'd be more like muffins.

I look forward to October's special which is pumpkin cupcakes.  Hey, October 1st is on Monday!  Dammit, they're closed on Mondays. 

No comments: