Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Let the photo ops continue


Check out this picture I took of myself with my cellphone.  You're probably all confused wondering how I managed to take a picture of myself with my cell phone without standing in front of the bathroom mirror like an idiot.  I'll tell you how; first up I'm not an idiot, the camera app on my phone has a timer setting and it also helps if you have a tripod.


They make cell phone tripods and you can get one for the low low price of $3.00 at your nearest A Buck or Two store.  It works, but just barely as it's not really designed for a phone as wide as mine.  In fact I had to take the protective cover off, so it would fit in the vice and the vice screw is like on it's last thread.  But, hey it worked!



The picture on the package shows an old flip style cell phone in the tripod.  I'm not sure why you'd bother to go to all the trouble of trying to take nice pictures with a phone like that.  What is the resolution of the camera on a phone like that, 1 MB?

Like a glove?

The $3.00 not only gets you the cell phone tripod, but also a sleek and sexy carrying case.  Although, it's a little too small for the tripod to fit inside.  And while I was trying to get the tripod inside the case a small spring popped out of somewhere and I can't figure out where it goes.  It seems to work without it, so I guess it wasn't too important.  If I ever use it again the tripod will probably suffer a catastrophic failure and destroy my phone.  I'm kinda surprised that didn't happen the first time.

If you want to take a picture of yourself then use a tripod and not a mirror.  That goes for cell phones and regular digital cameras.  Unless you are a chick taking naked pictures of yourself in front of your mirror then it's perfectly acceptable. Carry on.

2 comments:

mike said...

Awesome, not only is it 'wobbly' and 'clampy', but you have to take off the case to use it..

Does it come with a car mount?
Did they write Cellulaire because it's so fancy?

Keef said...

I think it says "cellulaire" because that's French. But I didn't do too well at French in school.