Thursday, October 4, 2007

Second post evar!

In my "first post evar" I promised that my second post would be something interesting, but really that's all a matter of opinion. As usual when I'm bored I like to look around for eBay at stuff I really don't need, but would like to buy anyway. I was looking around one day and entered a search for "Cranbrook" to see what kind of stuff would come up. There wasn't much, but for some reason lots of old car stuff and there is also a Cranbrook in Kent, England. I did end up buying something as I always do. I bought a vintage postcard of downtown Cranbrook. It sounds lame, I know, but looking at the picture was so weird because it totally doesn't look like that anymore. The best part was when the postcard came in the mail, the seller also gave me another vintage Cranbrook postcard for free. These will probably end up framed as a gift for my parents, so don't tell them.


Yes, that is Cranbrook, but I'm not sure what year it is. It doesn't have a date on the postcard and all it says is "The business district in Cranbook, BC." You can see the original clock tower there too.



Now this is Gyro Park and the swimming pool. Wow, Gyro Park looks so cool and that pool is massive. I guess it is true that things were better in the good old days. FYI, click the pictures to embiggen.

So that's my "interesting" post, a glimpse of what Cranbrook used to be before it turned all butt-ugly. That's progress for ya.

No comments: