Thursday, March 19, 2009

?!



Last Saturday me and Cody went to Bianca Amor's Liquidation Superstore because we went to the dollar store last weekend and we wanted to do something different. Looking through all the goodies I found they had put out some more CD wallets and found more hamburgers, this time the good ones with the funny faces. Seeing as how they were still only $2 I picked up two more for Cam because they're way cooler than the plain burgers wallets without the cartoony face. They you go Cam now you got FOUR hamburger CD wallets. You can always sell the extra ones to Mike.

Bianca Amor's has had DVDs for a while now all at $5 each from regular DVDs to DVD sets. I picked up a big stack of Dragon Dynasty DVDs which is a Weinstein label that release Asian movies. The Dragon Dynasty discs range from classic Shaw Brothers to newer releases like PTU and Born to Fight. Born to Fight is a Thai action movie that has some pretty crazy action like a guy falling off a moving semi trailer and his head almost getting run over by the tires. In all the fight scenes all the moves actually connect. Plus a dude gets blown to bits by a rocket launcher.

They were also some 80's Filmation best of sets like He-Man, She-Ra and BraveStarr. Cody picked up She-Ra and BraveStarr as well as Dirty Work with Norm MacDonald and Artie Lange. I saw this a long time ago in the theater when it first came out, so I didn't really remember a whole lot about it. After watching it is pretty funny and it's definitely got the Norm MacDonald stlye of comedy and delivery. "Note to self: I don't want to live anymore!" When it's got a cameo from Adam Sandler, Chris Farley AND Gary Coleman you know you're watching something special.

I asked for a few days off and I actually got the whole week off starting next week. That said I'll be heading back to Cranbrook on Sunday. It might snow and it probably will because that's just my luck. I'm not sure how long I'll be back because I'll be bored to death in a day, so I can see myself heading back early on Thursday or Friday. I'll be taking your stuff back Cam, so I hope your parents will be around and get your money ready Mike.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yessss! I think I'll keep them all for myself, I've got plenty of homeless discs to fill them with.

I'll tell my parents you're coming...

Anonymous said...

are you sure it will take you a whole day to get bored in cranbrook? usually it takes about as long as driving from one end of the strip to the other..

Keith you need to see this store here in Kamloops:
http://www.surplusherbys.com/

Keef said...

Cam - You'll keep all four? You're so greedy.

Mike - I didn't even know you are in Kamloops now. You move so often I forget. I'll give that place props for a cool name and cooler slogan, but the website sucks. Say hi to Herby for me.

Anonymous said...

OK, here's the deal. My parents know you're coming, but you need to visit them before Wednesday so they can get the burgers to Cara's parents, who are coming to see us and will safely transport the burgers to me!

Anonymous said...

burger trafficing.
sounds like a guy ritchie script to me..

Keef said...

Barring some kind of disaster I will be there Tuesday!

Geez Mike, it's not like the burgers are filled with cocaine or anything.