Saturday, March 14, 2009

Grifball sucks!!

Hi y'all! It's good to know Cam enjoyed the burger review. Mike is so demanding wanting the review sooner and then I do it and he doesn't even comment on it. I'm crushed. In other "burger" business I was watching TV the other night and saw a commercial for Taco Time and they were hyped the new Taco Cheeseburger. Since when does Taco Time do burgers? From the ad it doesn't look like an actual burger, it's really just a sloppy joe. I then realized the TV station was KXLY from Spokane and the Americans will eat anything in burger form. The Taco Cheeseburger is probably only available in the US, but has anyone seen one of these in Canada? I would try one, but just to say I tried it because nothing beats a Super Chicken Burrito.

I also ran to the nearest Burger King to try the new BK Burger Shots after seeing the commercials like 10,000 times. Congratulations Burger King, they worked. You can only order them in twos because the two burgers are actually conjoined. The burgers and the buns are connected at the edges and you just have to rip the apart. The wrapper even has a dotted line in the middle so you know where to tear it apart. If you need help figuring that out then you'll probably need help chewing the burgers too. The burgers themselves are fairly decent, but still not filling as a Whopper. I ordered the combo with two or four Burger Shots and I probably could've eat another one, uh or two. My biggest disappointed is that I was not swarmed by hot chicks after I unwrapped the burgers. Where my girls at?! Damn, you Burger King you lied to me!! I feel so cheated, I didn't think a corporation would lie so blatantly just to sell a product. What is the world coming to?

Okay, in a break from hamburgers I'll switch over to video games. I've managed to beat all the tracks in Excite mode in Excite Truck. Now I have to beat ALL tracks with a S rating to unlock Super Excite mode and I doubt that'll happen. I've beat a few tracks with a S rating, but the others I can't come close and when I actually pull off some sweet moves (by sheer luck) I'm still short a few stars. If I could only learn how to do a truck spin.

Today at Wal-Mart I picked up Mad World! IGN reviewed it and gave it a very respectable 9.0, but sounds like the biggest con is that on Normal it should take 5-6 hours to complete. They do say you'll have more fun in that 5-6 hours than in 2o hours of other games. I haven't played it yet, but I'm saving it for this Tuesday when I can give it my full attention because it's my day off. Another Wii game that I'd pick up if I saw it cheap is the Japanese game Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers. It's a series in Japan that is finally seeing release over here. It's supposed to a pretty cheesy arcade style action brawler with sexy girls killing waves of zombies. It's a brand new title, but it's "buget" priced at $30. Make it $20 and I'm all over it. It even got made into a movie in Japan.

Cody caved into the peer pressure (not from me!) and bought the Halo Wars Collector's Edition. The CE comes with a graphic novel, patch, cards, code for a Honor Guard Wraith (that's a tank) and a code to download three new Halo 3 multiplayer maps. The Halo 3 maps won't be available for another month from the XBox Live Marketplace. They made a new playlist of slayer and objective based games just for the new maps and on Friday we played for a few hours with two other guys from work. The new Mythic play list pits four against four, so we were all on the same team and it was pretty fun and coordinating our attacks was pretty easy. We were kicking ass and taking names until we played a match of Grifball and after that it was the beginning of the end as we got totally schooled in all our other matches. Noobs.

Finally, if you're tired of burgers and video games why not check out some Japanese Spider-Man? Marvel.com has posted a video of the first episode of the 70's live action Spider-Man TV show with subtitles. It's totally different from the US version except for the costume, but it's still pretty fun. Since it's Japanese you know Spider-Man has crazy stuff like a flying car called the Spider-Machine JP-7 which docks with his flying ship Marveller which then transforms into a giant robot called Leopardon. That is so cool, so check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, I was just taking some time to digest the Tommy Burger review, that's all.

I haven't seen the taco cheeseburger ads yet, although they are pushing their cheese melt burrito. maybe the study group found that the BC market doesn't respond to illogical cross food type naming conventions? or maybe tacobell ran out of cheeseburger signs..