Thursday, March 26, 2009

What I've been doin'

It's Thursday night and I'm getting ready to go back to Calgary on Friday. I don't work until Sunday, but I need to get back a day early so I can relax. The trip has been okay so far, I seen the family and the crazy kids, checked out the Cranbrook hotspots (thrift stores), got work done on the car and watched the Kootenay Ice get eliminated from the play offs.

I can't even remember what I did on Tuesday other than go to CD Plus and get the new MSTRKRFT CD which I like, so I'll listen it like a dozen times on the drive back. Went to Wal-Mart where I saw Flemming who called me "Jeff". I'll never talk to him ever again. I'm sure you heard Cam, but I went to your parent's place that night too and dropped off your crap. Remind your dad to fix the clock on the VCR because I swore it said 8pm and I was thinking it was way later than that. Turns out it was like 10pm, so I'm sure they were trying to get rid of me. Mike, your dad is pretty pumped for Surplus Herbies. I am too after watching that horrible commercial with the talking action figure head.

Wednesday I hit the thrift stores and actually managed to find something cool at every one I visited which rarely happens now. I'll be adding pictures and scans of the junk I got, so you can look forward to that! In the meantime here is a short crappy video of a Godzilla figure I bought at the Cellar. Guest starring my hand, I shot it with my digital camera. Sorry I tried to embed the video, but IE can't even copy and paste correctly, so you'll have to click the link.

It's pretty cool and made even cooler by the fact that it only cost me 25 cents. I'm not sure why it has the loop on his head like you are supposed to hang him somewhere. It's way too big for a Christmas ornament, but nothing says Christmas like a roaring Godzilla holding the severed head of MechaGodzilla. Move over Rudolph.

On Wednesday I also had to dig out all my old comic boxes so I could find some comics I want to get signed at the upcoming Calgary Comic Expo. I only had a couple to get, but thought I'd better double check who was coming and if I had anything of theirs that was cool. Anyway, that couple of comics turned into a stack of comics. I got it done and packed them all away until next time. Then later that night we went to the hockey game where Kootenay lost to the Brandon Wheatkings and got eliminated from the playoffs. They were down 3-0, so it was inevitable.

Today, Thursday, I really didn't do much of anything. I'll be heading back Friday and I think I'll go the north way through the park. I came down the south way and thought I'd do something different. For some reason it takes that same amount of time to get back, no matter which way you go. When I get back I'll be posted my super cool t-shirt from Giant Tiger and my other thrift store finds! You won't want to miss it!

No comments: