Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MS Paint & Nerds!

Today I had the day off and I went to go see the dentist AND the doctor. The trip to the dentist was just a cleaning and x-rays and everything was cool, so I'm good for another six months. I also got a nifty goodie bag from the dentist.

Goodies??

I finally got around to see the doctor about my wrist which has been bothering me for the past couple months. I decided I should go see the doctor after last Thursday I was doing something when I felt my wrist "pop". After some pain and not being able to move my wrist I figured I'd better go see somebody and I did...four days later. The doctor said I have tendinitis from repetitive stress injury or something like that.

He asked if I wanted some acupuncture and I said "Sure, why not?" I've never had acupuncture before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I've only see it on TV, so I was expecting him to stick the needle in my hand and leave it there. He said there were two places he could do it, but would only do one today. He did the radial collateral carpal ligament which runs along the thumb to the wrist...I think it was I just wiki'd it. Anyway, he stuck needle in a bit and let it sit there a second and I was like "This isn't bad." Then he stuck the needle all the way into my hand and proceeded to pull it out and push it back in rapid succession. I was watching him thinking, "That looks like it should be hurting." but it didn't actually hurt and that is a good thing because I'm delicate. My wrist still hurts, so I don't think it worked too good. I'm going to go back on Saturday for another round of needles and I can't wait.

He said I can still work, but should "lay off the video games for a while". Wait...WHAT?! I can work, but can't play video games?! It is supposed to be the other way around. I'm supposed to get two weeks off work and play all the video games I want! What a rip off. I'm also supposed to wear a brace, but if I'm giving up video games for while I don't want to wear a brace and look stupid. The doctor who looked at my wrist was also the same guy who referred me to go see his uncle over in the ghetto to cut up my lip. Maybe I should get a new doctor?


No video games??

Playing video games just aggravates the injury, so maybe this is a good idea. I've barely played my Wii since my wrist started bothering because if I did I'd probably be crippled now. Even playing the XBox will hurt my wrist, just holding the controller strains my wrist and thumb. I need to rest up my wrist because I pre-ordered a FPS for the Wii called The Conduit. This game would be just another FPS on any other system, but the developer actually put a lot of work in the game and the game will boast some the best graphics and customization on the Wii yet. You can can completely customize the controls by mapping controls to any buttons you want and can even customize the HUD by moving the elements anywhere you want on the screen and even setting the transparency, so you can turn them off if you want. I don't care about that stuff, I just want to shoot and blow up stuff.

Okay I can still play video games, but I can only used my left hand. I guess I'll be playing lots of House of the Dead: Overkill because it only needs the Wii-mote. No dual wielding for me! I read the game received an award from the Guiness Book of World Records for most cursing in a video game. Some game reviews said the swearing got a little out of hand, but I had no problem with it. Cry babies. If I can't kill zombies on L4D then I'll have to do it in Overkill.

Also, the Revenge of the Nerds theme song is now in the boom box. Party on!

No comments: