Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Still here.

Greetings from Cranbrook. Despite it was Sam Steele Days over the weekend I really haven't been down into town much. But where would I go anyway? On Monday it rained all day which was pretty crappy, good thing I brought a jacket. I also dug out my bike which was covered in dust, but aside from a few rusty screws it looks to be in decent shape. I was scared my chain and gears might be rusty, but they looked fine. The tires were flat, so I put some air in them and we'll see if they stay inflated or if I need new tubes. I do need some new petals and a new seat because the one that is on their now is too small for my fat ass. I'm used to sitting on a nice comfy couch and not a little bike seat.

I managed to get all comics somewhat "organized" and I use that term very loosely. I can't believe I have an entire long box of nothing but Gen 13 comics. I didn't realize I had that many and I have two long boxes of Star Wars comics. I have too many comics and the crappy part is that they are pretty much worthless. I did find that I had Mr. T and the T-Force issue #2 which is great because I'm sure you'll all remember that I bought Mr. T and the T-Force issue #1 from the Phoenix $1 bin and it was autographed. So cool! Now I just have to track down the other 8 issues...or maybe not...whatever.

Today I went to go downtown and when I got in my car I saw this toad sitting my tire. I reached down to shoo him away and he jumped under the car. I had to use Avery's plastic toy shovel to scoop him out and put him out of harms way. A long time ago we used to have this enormous toad that would sometimes come out from under the cement pad of the car port, but he only did so at night. I guess this guy is like a descendant of his, but he seems to come out during the day. When I was trying to take his picture he was getting all mad and moving around.

Don't piss him off because this toad takes badassery to a whole 'nother level! He'll kick your ass, drink your beer, f*ck your girlfriend and rob your house cuz that's how he rolls!

No comments: