Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pocari Sweat anyone?

Cody kind of wanted to go see the Star Trek movie today, but wasn't even sure what the hell that was, so instead we went of to the NE part of town. We hit Value Village and then Salvation Army. We were going to go to Willie's Hamburgers for lunch, but apparently it closed and is now replaced by a Fat Burger. I don't get over to that part of town much. Value Village did have a funny t-shirt that I bought. Pictures will follow once I have a chance to wash it. Since Willie's is history we had to make due with Harvey's. I think now I have eaten at Harvey's a whopping five times!

We also went to the the Pacific Place mall which is an Asian mall. I wanted to go to the grocery store there to get some more 3+2, but of course they didn't have any! Since we were there I grabbed a bunch of weird yet good looking snacks just so the trip wouldn't feel wasted.


Those swiss rolls look pretty good because I see that green colour and think of lime or some other fruit. It is actually coconut and pandan flavored. What is a pandan? I got the Rebisco Strawberry sandwhich that are similar to 3+2. Did you know that Rebisco is the Filipino branch of Nabisco? Okay, it's not I made that up. The Nips look to be like peanut M&Ms. The name seems very un-PC but since I bought it in an Asian grocery store it should be cool. Though if Nips were an American product I could see all sorts of people getting offended.

With all that food I needed some wet to wash it all down with and you can't go wrong with a bottle of orange juice Qoo. It's not actually THAT good, but the mascot guy is cute and funny looking. All asian foods have to nutrional information on the package, so most packages have stickers on the back with all the info. The Qoo actually has a sticker and the original information on it. Did you know that in Japan "orange juice" is considered a vitamin?



I also bought the Qoo just for the bottle cap which the Qoo dude on it. It looks funny and I think I'll make it my craft project for 2009 to turn it into a fridge magnet. It sounds pretty ambitious, but with a lot of dedication, hard work and a good hour to spare I could probably do it.


Cody also got the coconut pandan rolls and these coconut snack things that look like tater tots but taste like Captain Crunch, but much softer. It sounds crazy, but it's totally true.




He got this other bag of some snack food, I'm not even sure what it's called or even what flavor it is, but cartoon on the front is hilarious. I like the picture in the bottom left hand corner. What is going on there?!

No comments: