Sunday, March 21, 2010

Art??

As I said before I had to do some digging around in all my crap here in Cranbrook to find a couple comic books. I usually end up rooting through my stuff whenever I come home and I'm still surprised at some of the stuff I find. I'm also mad I can't find stuff I thought I had like my Scott Neidermayer rookie card. Where is it dammit?!

Anyway, I was going through this one box and found a bunch of old blank loose leaf lined paper. It had been around for a while because the edges of the paper were starting to turn yellow. I didn't want to throw it out, so I put it upstairs in the coloring book drawer so Avery could "draw" on it. After throwing it in the drawer I noticed one page wasn't exactly blank. Down on the bottom of the page there was a "drawing" of a car by yours truly.

I'm sure how old that picture is, I'd have to say grade 6 or 7. You can tell because that was way back before they had vehicle emission laws. Also, the antennae is pretty huge, and it must be pretty hard to see where you are going with a blower that big on the hood. I definitely can't draw, but thought you might enjoy it even if you laugh at it.

My art is so bad I can barely do stick figures despite the fact that I drew a series of stick figure cartoon strips in grade 12 titled "Calculus Cutups". I only used a couple of colors blue/black and red for blood and there was a lot of it. It had an Itchy & Scratchy vibe to it. I still have this somewhere too. Maybe next time I'll find them and post it.

2 comments:

Cam said...

That's quality artwork! Remeber our warscenes in grade 6? Tanks crushing and shooting, jets bombing, and stickmen falling into helicopter blades, and they got pinned out on the hallway bulletin board in a huge multi-page display of cartoon violence. That would never happen nowadays.

Keef said...

The good old days!