Saturday, March 20, 2010

You might be a redneck if...

You eat at the the Redneck Cafe!! For lunch on Friday me and Willie went to check out The Rocky Mountain Redneck Company Cafe. That is too wordy for me, so we'll just use Redneck Cafe. Willie had e-mailed me a link about the place which I checked out before we went, so I knew what I was getting into. After browsing the page which listed a few menu items I picked out what I wanted just based on the name alone, The Big Bubba Special.

We got there during the lunch rush and had to seat our selves which wasn't a big deal because there were lots of tables. We hadn't seen a server (or waitress or whatever they're called) yet, so that is -1 point. I browsed the menu at the table and saw my Big Bubba Special and also a Billy Bob Fried something-I-can't-remember. I passed the menu to Willie and he pointed out that breakfast runs from 8am to 11am...-1 point! Of course, The Big Bubba Special is a breakfast item which means I wouldn't be able to get it...-100 points!

I think this is where we sat, but don't remember exactly. I might the one behind it.

The server/waitress showed up with the lunch menus and took our drink orders. The menus aren't anything terribly complicated just pretty basic burgers and sandwiches and daily special of chili. Willie ordered the Redneck Burger and a garden salad with house Eyetalian dressing and I ordered exactly the same thing. The burger comes with a choice of soup or salad and if you choose salad then you can either get garden salad, fruit salad or potato salad. There are no fries! - 10 points!!

I'm also not quite sure what makes this burger "redneck", but was it was pretty good. From the ground up you had a bun, fried onions, burger, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and finally the top bun. When they were brought out to us they were served open, so we could add our own condiments. They only brought ketchup and dijon mustard, but the lady asked if we wanted regular mustard. Dijon mustard in a redneck restaurant? Pretty ritzy. The dijon mustard was actually President's Choice brand, so that's an automatic -1 point right there. The bun was slighty toasted . The burger itself was pretty good, a nice size and maybe even homemade. It didn't look like those tiny frozen burgers. The burger itself was pretty good (+1 point) and the house salad dressing was also pretty good (+1).

The Redneck Cafe also offers homemade pie (+1) and got a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie. You can get it with ice cream, but I didn't want it getting in the way of the pie. It comes out warmed and tastes pretty good (+1) and I hope that in the summer when more fresh fruit is available they'll have different flavors.

Willie had to go to work, so I paid and we left. That's right I paid! Willie now owes me from fries from the fry truck next time I am back in town. The food was pretty good and didn't take too long to come out despite the fact that there is only one guy cooking. I'm still not sure what exactly makes the place "redneck" though. Hanging some John Deere stuff on the walls and putting a Jeff Foxworthy Redneck Dictionary by the menus doesn't make it redneck. The place was too clean and I didn't see a single thing with Nascar or Budweiser on it, but that is probably a good thing. It's redneck enough for the rednecks, but not too redneck to scary away the normies.

Overall, I would give the Rocky Mountain Redneck Company Cafe a positive review. I would eat there again. As long as they had some pie. What does Willie think?

He likes it!

A glowing recommendation if there ever was one. Also, Willie grew specially that facial hair just for the occasion.

3 comments:

Cam said...

Hmm, good review, I'll have to go there next time I'm back. If it's still in business, that is...

ps: First comment - bite it Mike, you chump.

Cam said...

Did they offer Fish 'n Soup, or Fish 'n Salad?

Keef said...

Hey Cam, you should open a restaurant and call it Fish 'n Stuff.