Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Oh yeah, I'm back

I officially got in to Calgary last Friday, but I'm just getting around to writing about it now.  I was going to do a post on Friday, but then I unpacked and ended up watching a movie that I got in the mail while I was gone.  Then I was going to do it on Saturday, but then for some reason my back flared up and I couldn't even stand up let alone sit in a chair.  I called in sick to work on Sunday, so I got an extended vacation, but not really in the way I wanted.  Anyway, I'm back.

Cranbrook was okay.  I never did meet up with Willie due to some bad timing.  I was supposed to meet him at his place at 2pm, but I got there (on time!) there was no answer at the door.  I figured he was in the shower or getting ready, so I left and came back half an hour later and still no answer at the door.  Then I left forever!  Turns out he was stuck in the drive-thru at Wendy's and was just pulling up as I was pulling out.  He waited a bit then went to check out some of the "stops" to see if I was there which was probably when I was back at his place.  As I said, bad timing all around.  I did see Willie though as I was leaving Cranbrook on Friday morning I spotted him at the traffic lights in front of the Superstore.  Hi/bye Willie!

On Thursday night I went for a short bike with my dad, Logan and Avery on the Rails to Trails.  I didn't have my bike, so I rode Matt's old school Raleigh bike.  I don't know where he got that thing.  It only had 18 speeds!  Not that you even need them as I used the same gear the entire time on the trail.  My dad had an equally old school Stumpjumper that he bought used somewhere.  Avery didn't actually have a real bike, but he wanted to bring his Stryder which is a bike with no pedals.  He says it's faster than his real bike, but since you push with your feet it's a lot more work.  On the ride back there is a dirt road that runs beside beside the Rails to Trails, so I rode on it.  It's not flat, but it's still not that hard, but I did get to try out some of the other gears on Matt's Raleigh.   There were a couple little hills, rocks, roots and other things to make it a little bit fun.  The Rails to Trails is a pretty cool trail (flat and easy!) and maybe next year I'd like to see if I could ride it all the way to Kimberly or Marysville or wherever it ends.  I'll just need a bigger softer seat for my bike.

Once I got to back Calgary I got to see all my mail that came while I was away, and some of it was even good.  I got some movies I bought off Amazon.ca as an early b-day gift to myself.  I always know just what I want.  I got my other towel from General Mills, but since I was disappointed with the first one, I'm just going to leave in the package for now.  I also got my vintage Tony the Tiger t-shirt from Kellogg's.

The General Mills towels come vacuumed packaged, so they take hardly take up any space.  Nifty!


The shirt is printed on a Fruit of the Loom brand shirt.  When I ordered it I thought it would be gray because in the pictures they looked like a light grayish colour, but it's actually white.  Also, is it gray or grey?

7 comments:

Cara said...

The teacher part of me wants to tell you that:

grAy is how the color is spelled in America

grEy is how the colour is spelled in England or Canada

mike said...

Hmmm;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Poupon,

Keef said...

Thank you Cara. I always thought it was "grey", but was reading something the other day and saw it spelled as "gray" and it made it think. I don't like to think.

Cara said...

FYI (read: Cara has no life)

According to the Wikipedia link that Mike directed us to, the Grey in Grey Poupon was one of the "inventor's" names... that means that all bets are off when it comes to spelling.

mike said...

no fair, what with usin yer book learnin on us.. :D

lol, I totally didn't read my link..

Keef said...

Mike got schooled.

mike said...

"Not working to my full potential"
-Lance Cuthill; 1996