Tuesday, October 25, 2011

GET YOUR WAR FACE ON!


If it's October 25th, then that means it's time for Battlefield 3.  I almost didn't even get this game after playing the beta.  For some reason EA/Dice released the beta which was months old and full of bugs even though it didn't represent the game in terms of graphics and gameplay.  I didn't mind the graphics, I just didn't like the gameplay, but after reading a hands on of the final multiplayer things sounded a little better.

I pre-ordered it, so I got the LE with the Back to Karkland map pack which will out later and I even got a free shirt.  The shirt you can see above and for some reason all they had were size L, so it's a little tight.  That's cool because black in slimming.

Good thing I have to day off today because I went out this morning and got the game and then got some groceries.  I came home and popped the game in the 360 and then had to download a 167MB patch and then had to install a 1.5GB texture pack, so the game wouldn't look like crap.  The 360 version is two discs, disc one is multiplayer/co-op and disc two is campaign.  Disc one has a streaming texture pack on it to make the game look pretty and you pretty much need it.  I saw some pictures comparing the game with and without the texture pack and it's a big difference.  With out the texture pack the game looks like something off a last gen console.

I'm off to the battlefield, let's hope I get as much replay out this as I did Bad Company 2.  That one I played the campaign twice and logged almost 400 hours on mutliplayer, so at least I got my moneys worth.

No comments: