Sunday, October 9, 2011

Gobble gobble

Another Thanksgiving goes by and I'm totally turkeyless!  I never make it home for Thanksgiving and can't even remember the last time I was back.   I'm thinking at least 8 years?  If you read my blog you know I try and do something turkey related at Thanksgiving like a Swanson turkey TV dinner, turkey pepperoni, canned turkey (that was nasty!), pumpkin donuts (huge disappointment) and last year I actually cooked a turkey.  It was a cheater's turkey because it was boneless, but it was pretty easy to cook and it had to be because I was cooking it.  It was supposed to feed 8-10 people, but only I was eating it, so I got a tired of turkey pretty fast.  This year is a bit different because I got nothing!  I've worked 9 hours shifts the past three days and after being at work for 9 hours the last thing I want to do is buy groceries, so this year Thanksgiving is even more boring than usual.


I don't have turkey, but I have Jiffy Pop!

I'm surprised they still make Jiffy Pop because it just seems everyone makes microwave popcorn.  I don't have or need an actual popcorn popper, so before I've just bought microwave popcorn.  I saw the Jiffy Pop and decided to buy some because I don't think I've had any since I was a kid.   It's fun to make, so I think I grab some more. 


Now for something completely different!  I was playing Rush on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 tonight and managed to snipe the pilot of a helicopter.  I shot him and it ejected his body out of the helicopter which then crashed and exploded.  Yes, it was awesome!  I'm surprised I pulled it off as I was quite a distance from the target and he was moving.  I just pulled the trigger and hoped for the best.  Our team still lost the match though.  I know it's not exciting to you guys, but it's awesome to me.  I wish I could've seen that guy's face when I sniped him. PWNED!

No comments: