Thursday, October 20, 2011

I *heart* me too

When I was back in Cranbrook Cara ordered me to stop by Scarff HQ to pick up some Scottish goodies.  I love free stuff, so I had to stop in and grab it.  Thanks guys!  I also got the news that Mike and Sandy had a baby boy named Eli.  Congratulations!  Fun fact, Jeff P. named his son the same name.


Wait, it's a couple of brochures?  That's boring!  At least it has my name on them.  On the front of the "Welcome to Keith" brochure it lists some "highlights" like the world famous distillery, traditional shops, scenic whisky railway AND the secrets of the kilt revealed.  I read the brochure, but there was nothing about secrets or kilts which is a bit of a rip.  Does this mean I'll have to go all the way over there to find out?  Don't worry, I figured out the secret of the kilt myself.  It's a dress!

Okay, the brochures were nifty, but the real treasure was hiding inside the brochures, stickers!

Awesomest stickers evar!

The stickers are rad, but why stop at just stickers?  The town of Keith should be slapping that slogan on all kinds of merchandise like key chains, shirts, hats, posters, shoe laces, wristbands, posters, antenna balls, window flags, reusable bags, socks, jackets, pillows, tooth brushes, drink coasters, etc.  It would be a goldmine.

Unfortunately, these stickers are too cool to ever be used.  If I used them, then I'd have to go all the way Scotland to get new ones.  They must be preserved and go in the to sticker vault.  The sticker vault is an old Nike shoe box I have back in Cranbrook.  I did a post about it a while ago and the various skate, ski and mountain bike stickers contained within.  Some of the stickers are over 20 years old. 

Hey, Cam and Cara did you guys go to Tooty's while you were in Keith?  I would go there just because the name is funny, almost as funny as Keith.  I wonder if they have stickers too?  Can you go back and get me some?  Thanks!

3 comments:

Cam said...

Keith, we got you two because we know one would go in the vault and we hoped you could stick the other one on something hilarious. We don't know where, but you'll know it when you see it.

We looked for more Keith merch but the stickers and brochures were all we could find. We would have grabbed key chains and toothbrushes too if they had them.

Also, check your email, I just sent you a couple pictures.

mike said...

Is it awkward to drive around with an I <3 Keith sticker on your car?

Keef said...

Belt buckles, definitely belt buckles.

Mike - I will just put I <3 Keith stickers on other people's cars.

Here is another fun fact, I tried to give the post the title "I <3 me too", but for some reason Blogger would just remove it entirely when I published it. Not sure why, I guess Blogger hates <3s!