Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Back to the grind

I got back to Calgary yesterday, that would the 27th, and all is good.  The drive wasn't bad, still boring, but not as busy as I was expecting.  I drove the north route and the park did get a little bit of snow which had melted off the roads making them wet.  My dirty car is now filthy, it looks like a big brown turd driving down the road.  Since I refuse to wash my car, it'll probably stay that way until spring when it rains.


Cranbrook was okay, got to see Cam which was cool.  He even caved in and said he would eat at Arby's, but I let him off the hook this time.  We hit all the hot Boxing Day sales and I bought X-Men: First Class on Blu-ray from Superstore and Jiffy Pop from LW.  That's pretty much all that happened other than I got socks for Christmas for the 36th year in a row.

Now that I'm back I went into work this morning to see I was actually supposed to work Tuesday and have Wednesday off.  The schedule got changed, but nobody told me.  This is one of the reasons I don't have a cell phone.  Anyway, I still worked today and now have to work 5am to 2pm the next three days in a row.  I'm not sure if you know this, but five in the morning is early!!  Of course I have to get up at 4am, and I'm already exhausted just thinking about it.  I'm going to try to go to bed early, but I'm not used to trying to sleep at like 8:30pm.  That's just weird.

I meant to post this picture with December 24th entry of the Lego advent calendar, but I forgot to take the picture.  It's all the leftover pieces!

No comments: