Tuesday, December 13, 2011

PMPeed

Time for an unrelated Lego blog post that I've been meaning to do for a while now.  You'll remember I wrote about the media player I got for my birthday and how I broke it in less than a week.  I finally got around to getting a replacement for it.  This turned out to be more difficult than I thought because every time I picked out a brand and model I wanted, it was no longer in stock.  I ordered it from a Chinese website called Ownta and they liked to have items on their website listed as "In Stock" when they were out of stock or discontinued.

I ordered two personal media players, a Ramos T11 Pro and an Ainol V8000 HDS.  The plan was to keep one for myself and give one to Matt as a Christmas gift.  They both had HDMI out which is what I wanted, but when I received them the Ainol didn't have HDMI out, but only a RBG composite video out.  Dammit.  I tried the HDMI on the Ramos and it looks pretty crappy and the TV out on the Ainol doesn't even work, although the sound does.   I was really hoping the HDMI would work just so I could plug it into my TV and watch videos off the player.  Oh well.

Other than that they both work fine, playing videos and music.  I've tried both just to see which one is better.  The Ainol loads video files faster than the Ramos, but they both play just as good.  Both models are able to play multiple video and audio formats as well as image files and .txt files.   Also, both units have a 5" touch screen with a resolution of 800 x 480.  And both hold 8 GB, but have a micro SD slot for up to 16GB.  I gotta say, why do micro SD cards have to be so small?  They are too small!  I already broke one. :-(


I'm keeping the Ramos T11 Pro for myself and giving Matt the Ainol V8000 HDS.  The touch screen is bit too finicky on the Ramos, so I'll give the Matt the Ainol which is a little more responsive.  The touch screen works better on the Ramos if you are using a stylus or at least something pointy.  My fingers are too fat and pudgy I guess.  I usually take mine to work when I work a 9 hour shift so I can watch it on my lunch and my other breaks.  I've already finished watched Kamen Rider OOO (all 48 episodes) and am now working on Kamen Rider Decade.  It beats socializing with my co-workers.

No comments: