Sunday, December 11, 2011

Eleventh

Behind December 11's door is another minifigure.  It's a droid dude and since he's blue I'm guessing he's a commander or something.


The most pieces for a minifigure yet, this could get complicated.


Or not.  Turns out there were a lot of pieces because he came with an extra set of arms.  How come he comes with a blaster, but the other figures come with nothing?  Instead of extra arms, why not throw in an extra blaster?

I know I had originally said that I would be doing regular blog posts in addition to the daily Lego advent calendar posts, but that quite hasn't been happening.  Anyway, I'll get you caught up on what's been going on lately.

First I finished my Christmas shopping!  This is both good and bad.  It's good because I'm freakin' done, but bad because I'm already seeing stuff I bought on sale for cheaper than I paid for it.  Dammit.  All that is left is to wrap gifts which is made much easier by a trip to the dollar store for some gift bags.  I can only wrap small things if they are rectangular shaped, anything big or a weird shape and it turns out all sloppy and ugly.  The gift bag is the lazy man's way of wrapping presents, just drop it inside and you're done.

This afternoon me and Cody went and watched The Muppets which was pretty good.  I'm not a fan of songs in movies, but being as how this was a Muppet movie AND a Disney movie there were a few of them.  The movie itself was pretty funny and you don't have to be a little kid to enjoy it, although the theatre was packed with them.  Before The Muppets was a Toy Story short that was pretty funny.  It has a Condorman reference in it!  You do worse and end up watching the new Twilight movie, although there were a LOT of chicks going in to see it.

We went to the movies even though it snowed a bunch.  It's snowing, but the temperature is just barely above freezing so the snow is heavy and packs down to get all slippery.  Plus soon as there is snow on the ground and you can't see the road lines or parking grids in the parking lot, it's nuts.  People are parking all over the place and parking sideways and angle parking in straight stalls, they're all a bunch of idiots.  I just don't want to move my car and give up my spot that is all notched out in the snow bank.

1 comment:

mike said...

Way to finish your shopping Keith, now you can sit and watch everyone else sweat.

It's funny how as soon as you can't see the lines everyone forgets how to park.. We don't even have any snow here yet so it's pretty boring.

The Muppets songs were done by 1/2 of flight of the conchords; Bret- not Jermaine..