Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Final Countdown

It is December 1st and the countdown until Christmas has begun.  Has everyone started their holiday shopping yet?  One good thing about being a miserable loner is that you don't have many gifts to buy at X-mas.  Despite that it's always good to have something to remind you of the dwindling shopping days left until Christmas.  That's why Jesus invented the Advent Calendar.

I was going to buy one from work, but all we had were lame cheapo ones.  I want a licensed advent calendar like Spider-Man for two reason.  First reason is that Spider-Man is cool, and the second is that the licensed advent calendars go all the way until New Year's Day.  That is 32 days of chocolate!  I'll go check out Zellers or Wal-Mart and hopefully they'll still have some left.

I'm not sure if you knew this, but advent calendars aren't just for chocolate anymore.  They're also for Lego and Star Wars, more importantly, LEGO STAR WARS!


I picked this up at the Lego Store in Chinook Mall, but this can also be found at Toys 'R Us and maybe Wal-Mart.   I hope you guys aren't busy because you'll be tuning in here everyday until Christmas to see what Lego surprise awaits.


The calendar even comes with a cool Santa Yoda.  I'm going to take a wild guess and say he will be on the 25th.  I'm getting ahead of myself, as we're only on the 1st.  Let's see what is behind the calendar door for today.


What is that?!  It looks like some lame spaceship, so I'm assuming it must be from one of the newer Star Wars movies.  I thought it looked funny and maybe I put it together wrong, but being how it's so small and has so few pieces, how could I screw it up?


Yeah, that LOOKS like what I did.


Somehow with a kit that small I still managed to have two extra let over pieces?  I must've messed it up.  We're off to a great start.  Be sure to check in to see how I mess up other kits in the coming weeks.  Don't worry I will be doing regular posts in addition to the daily Star Wars advent calendar ones.  I should be getting paid for this...

2 comments:

mike said...

haha; extra pieces already.
You're supposed to scatter those on the floor so you can enjoy stepping on them for the rest of December..

I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation for tomorrow!

ps, you're not a loner Keef, what about Cody?? lol

Keef said...

Those pieces are small, so stepping on them wouldn't hurt too bad. Nothing worse than stepping on of those four segment bricks. OW!