Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bonus stickers

Flashback to a post I made June 2011 about Co-op, stickers and kitchen ware.  Co-op has a promotion where you collect stickers for shopping there that can be redeemed for kitchen ware and cooking utensils.  The first year I snagged a cool stir fry pan w/lid and last year it was cooking knives.  The knives were pretty sweet and I had planned on getting two of them, but I missed the deadline to redeem my stickers and got absolutely nothing for my trouble and all my money spent.  This year they were offering table ware and I didn't want to forget again.


As soon as I saved up 50 stickers I took in my sheet and got the cereal bowls.   I don't drink from cups, so I don't need mugs.  Why would I need a three a 3-piece plate setting when only one would do?  I don't need a serving bowl because I would never be "serving" anything and I'm not even sure what an oval platter is used for, so that is out of the question.  I seem to eat most of my food out of bowls anyway, it doesn't matter if it is cereal or not.  The high walls of the bowl help keep food from spilling.  Let's see a plate do that!


That is the box with my two cereal bowls inside, but you don't get to them because they are staying inside it.  I cracked the lid and took a peek only to be disappointed.  The bowls are so small and dainty.  I'd have to eat almost two of these little bowls to equal one of real cereal bowl.  Maybe I should've just saved up and gotten the serving bowl and used that as a cereal bowl.

I won't be using these so-called cereal bowls anytime soon.  I'll have just put them down on the floor beside my stir fry pan.

 Still there after two years!

No comments: