Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hulk like candy!!

On Tuesday Cody and I went and caught The Avengers at the Chinook theatre.  We saw it in the plain old 2D, not 3D or even IMAX 3D.  I already have to wear one pair of glasses I'm not too keen on wearing another pair over top of them.  Yes, the movie was good, so you definitely go see it.  It's not like you are wanting to go see Battleship and if you then you suck.  Make sure you sit through all the credits to get the two bonus scenes.  It's no wonder these movies cost so much money to make because the credits take forever to go through because there are ten thousand people on them.  Some guy even got credited as "Hairstylist to Mr. Downey Jr."  I'm surprised RDJ didn't have a whole team of hairstylists.  What a diva.

As we were driving to the theatre I noticed a sign by the road in front of this little strip mall and it said there was a candy store.  Candy?!  Where's the candy?!  On the way back home we stopped in to go to the Safeway there, but mainly to check out the candy store.

I like the exclamation point on there.

The had of kinds of candy, novelties and even toys mostly from the US and some from England.  Some of them looked pretty lame (peanut butter taffy) and some of it looked pretty awesome (gummy bacon).  I felt obligated to buy some stuff since we stopped there and I bought four items.


It was a game, now it's candy!  I got these Angry Birds candy for Avery.   Apparently he likes Angry Birds, but even if he doesn't he likes candy.


The super mystery box!  I can't say anything about this box, but it's contents will be revealed at a later date.


I got these because they are sugar free and all you do is add a tablet to a glass of water for a fizzy drink.  I got the root beer flavored tablets.  According to the instructions you add one action tablet to 8 fluid ounces of water.  I haven't tried them yet because I'm still crunching the numbers, doing the math and trying to figure out what the hell an ounce is.


I've almost quit drinking soda pop/carbonated drinks altogether.  The only time I ever drink pop is if I'm eating out.  I decided to go for it and buy a case of Cherry Coke Zero because we can't get that stuff in Canada.  I don't even like Coke, but Coke Zero is much more tolerable than Diet Coke.  I don't know why because they are both sugar and calorie free.

So guess how much those four things cost me?  Just take a guess.  If you guessed $32 then are correct!  I was a little shocked when girl told me the total and I was like "Thirty-two Canadian dollars??"  I think that case of Cherry Coke Zero must been like $16 minimum which is pretty stupid.  My sister just went down to the US last weekend and I could've gotten her to get me some.

The candy store actually had a name because they sold shirts with the name on it.  I don't even remember what it was, but it did have the word "gummi" somewhere in it.  If it was any kind of catchy or interesting I would've remembered it.  I'm not why they didn't put the name of the actual store on the sign outside instead of just "CANDY!", but that is pretty short and to the point.  I will probably go back, but not a for a while.  I'll have to save up or take out a loan.

No comments: